Thursday, April 15, 2010

Zac Posen for Target Party

_DSC0036
Two of the girls from THE LIKE wearing Zac Posen for Target
I'll be honest: I get alot of invitations for various store launches etc and most of them I don't go to and even when I end up attending I frequently don't write anything up. Because...the people are boring and everyone seems stiff and though they're trying to force festivity onto commerce. As anyone who loves a good party will tell you, you can't make a successful party so much as it just "happens". This is especially true when it's a promotional event. So I was pleasantly surprised that not only was the Zac Posen for Target Party tolerable it was (gasp!) fun. (click the read more below to continue)

The champagne and sushi (my hands down favorite meal) was a good start, and having the adorable girl band, The Like, added to the atmosphere. Zac Posen's clothes were lined along the walls and in a separate back room and I have to say that, unlike some other secondary (or tertiary?) clothing lines I've seen, they don't seem cheap or made only for teenagers. There was a great red suede biker jacket and several variations on the little black dress that would work well in any New Yorkers wardrobe. Clearly I wasn't the only one who thought so as there were more people waiting online to get into the dressing room than to get a cocktail -and I've never seen that before!

I saw some friends as well, which is always nice and got some great shots which I'll post over the next few days, and when I left by 10 pm there was a line around the corner of girls waiting for the store event that would begin at 11 pm. I'm guessing the Zac Posen line will be a massive hit for Target. (pronounced Tarzhay, baby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment