Sunday, March 7, 2010

Furocious

fur3
Today was a wonderfully spring like day outside but while I was pouring over photos deciding what to post I realized that like neon and asymmetrical hair, fur is also back in a really big way. And I don't know what I think of it. Do I get on the Anna Wintour bus and say it's fabulous? Or do I join Stella McCartney and say it's never acceptable? I've gone back and forth on the subject over the years. I'd like to say that if you buy it used (like I almost did - a massive white rabbit coat for 80 bucks at the Brooklyn Flea - until my friend pointed out that the coat looked like it had fleas!) or if it's fake it's okay. But if I'm really against it (which I am whenever I think of someone killing my dog for his fur) than is "pretend" or "used" fur really okay? Well, whatever I think about the morality of fur I do believe that in the midst of the recession I'm seeing more fur than ever. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment