Friday, December 3, 2010

Rebecca Minkoff : Fashion Friday

While I have always been a fan of Rebecca Minkoff's bags I just actually met her a few weeks ago when she invited bloggers to her studio to see her new giftable collection and have a holiday cookie decorating party! Her warm and open demeanor and how easily she relates with fashion bloggers impressed me. You totally see how she "gets" today's stylish urban girls and her designs reflect that as well. The giftable collection has great smaller pieces in basic black or great jewel tones and like all her pieces they have subtle details that make them special and get tons of compliments like on this Studded Rockette bag which comes in it's own box ready to be wrapped. (see more below!)
She nicely agreed to answer our questions!



If you could live in another era, when would it be and why?
I’d want to live during the 1920s… such an incredible time for fashion and history.

What’s a movie you're looking forward to seeing this season?
Black Swan with Natalie Portman

What is a current obsession?
MADE HER THINK Jewelry

Do you read fashion magazines? If so what are your current favorite(s)
I love reading international Vogue’s- they have amazing editorials and photography.

Describe your style as a friend would
Classic with a twist

What style/trend (current or past) do you hope is never recycled
The crazy head pieces- Could never wear those anywhere!

What style/trend would you like to see come back?
Booties! For my debut footwear collection for spring 2011 I designed the Dolly Bootie that is sure to be a staple in every shoe collection for the Rebecca Minkoff brand. We made them in pony hair calf and buttery leathers in a variety of color ways to wear with every outfit!

Has the internet changed the fashion industry? How?
The internet has made fashion more accessible to anyone and everyone on multiple levels. We have embraced all social media outlets since the beginning of the company and have found that the Rebecca Minkoff customer is technologically savvy. I have my own blog on our website called Minkette and it's the perfect hub to allow customers to feel not only a deeper connection to me and the brand, but also for me to develop stronger relationships with my consumers.

Can we find you on twitter?
Of Course! @REBECCAMINKOFF

finish this sentence:
I love New York because…
THERE IS NO OTHER CITY IN THE WORLD LIKE IT!! IT’S THE BEST OF AMERICA AND A TASTE OF THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Momma always told me…
BE PERSISTENT!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment