Thursday, June 18, 2009

Stephanie Pratt Clarifies: ‘The Hills Did Not Make Me Bulimic’

Yesterday, we commended Stephanie Pratt for opening up to US Weekly about her secret struggle with depression, crash dieting and bulimia. And while Steph doesn’t regret going public (she’s hoping to help teenage girls and their parents recognize the warning signs), she does want to set the record straight about one thing: she’s not tryin’ to blame The Hills.

The Hills did not make me bulimic,” Stephanie insisted to MTV earlier today. "It was my own issues with self-esteem, and if anything, my life on The Hills has only helped me get healthy, ’cause I know how lucky I am to have this job and to have the chance to be a role model. And if it weren’t for [the show], I don’t know how long I would have had those dark stages in my life.”

So what’s the hardest lesson Stephanie’s learned from this trying ordeal? You’re only as healthy as your secrets.

“I’m the latest cast member to come on the show, and I look up to all of them, and I’m definitely not going to be like, ‘Oh, Lauren, you’re so great, but I’m a disaster,’” she told MTV news of her struggle to fit in. “And so I kept it a secret, and that’s when it’s bad. The more I can stress about being honest, [the better].”

Credit: MTV Remote Control

No comments:

Post a Comment