Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Whitney Port Is Sad That "The City" Is Over

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2009/features/tvblog/090119/whitney_port.jpgFirst The Hills ended, and now The City.

The MTV reality show, which followed California Girl Whitney Port as she broke into world of New York's fashion industry, won't be back for a third season, its star confirms.

"It's always sad when one major chapter in your life comes to a close, but for me, this is the beginning of an entirely new one," Whitney wrote on her official blog. "I loved filming The City. It was just such an adventure and I'm so grateful for every opportunity it gave me."

The show, which was a spin-off of The Hills (itself a spin-off of Laguna Beach), also starred Olivia Palermo as Whitney's fashionable nemesis, Roxy Olin as a friend and roommate and People's Revolution's Kelly Cutrone as her no-nonsense mentor in the fashion PR world, among others.

Unlike The Hills, which came to a close with an elaborate series finale, fans of The City will have to settle with the season 2 finale, which had Whitney facing Kelly after taking a meeting with a competing PR firm.

"I'm so excited for whatever is next for me," Port's blog continues. "There are definitely a few things in the works, but right now I'm primarily focusing on my clothing line Whitney Eve. After all, it is my baby. I'm just so happy to be back home, I can finally spend unlimited time with those I love." 

Credit: People

No comments:

Post a Comment