Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Where We Blog - Home Office / Favorite Cozy Spot

I am excited to share with you my next featured blogger in the "Where We Blog" series. Barbara Dettweiler of Haus Design wrote to me and explained that she has lived in Munich for the past four years with her family and she would like to share the different cafes where she blogs from. This is such a treat... so enjoy the tour, I sure did!
In Barbara's words, "I thought it might be fun to give you a tour of some of my favorite cafes here in Munich where I love to blog. Because Munich is at such a cross-roads in Europe, it's not unusual on any given day to encounter people in the cafes from all over Europe and beyond, speaking all sorts of languages, with all kinds of stories to tell. I love to be inspired in these beautiful surroundings while soaking up the quintessential European cafe culture. Here are my favorite cafes where I blog."

A short walk to many of Munich's fantastic art museums, Cafe Puck is a classic European cafe with a laid back feel. It is located in the district called "Schwabing" which in the early 20th century was the hub of the bohemian art scene in Munich, and you can still fell that creative vibe today.

A swanky bar by night, Comercial Cafe is a great cafe during the day. This is located in one of the nicest shopping district of Munich, so there are always a few shopping stops along the way to and from this very cool spot!

I love the old world touches in the lighting, the floors and the bar areas at Caffe Florian. Their "Heisse Schokolade" (hot chocolate) on a wintry Munich morning can't be beat.

The trendy Cafe Wiener Platz, located across from Vienna Square (Wienerplatz), is definitely modern Munich. It is great for sophisticated people watching with their dogs in tow!

For an authentic Bavarian experience, I head to Georgenhof. This cafe is cozy with dark woods and lots of Bavarian touches.

Barbara states, "We love Munich's vibrant cultural scene, beautiful architecture and many greenspaces, all set against the backdrop of the Alps. The location is also amazing since all kinds of adventures are at our doorstep in every direction. As you can imagine, our time here and traveling throughout Europe have provided me with a TON of design inspiration!"

Thank you Barbara for this fabulous tour! I know where I want to visit soon...

View more here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here!
Please submit your "home office" or "favorite cozy spot to blog" by
e-mailing your photo to laura.trevey@gmail.com

Beautiful Home Living - Pegboards and Bulletin Boards

More ways to follow BB&B

No comments:

Post a Comment