Monday, September 28, 2009

The City Girls: Style Profiles!

Last week, the five female stars of The City (plus Elle's resident fashionista Joe Zee) caught up with the NY Post and dished about everything from their favorite stores to their secret (purse-related) addictions. Prep for tomorrow's big premiere by getting an overview of all the girls' personal styles, plus flip through these cast pix for more cutting-edge City looks!

Whitney Port: The impeccably dressed City star sez she loves Topshop and Alexander Wang, but laments "I don’t have the time or patience to go into big stores." According to Joe Zee, her style is "L.A. mix of bohemian along with NYC glamour" -- something Whit's tried to get across with her line, WhitneyEve.

Olivia Palermo: This City girl likes to "shop late in the evening" and does most of her retail therapy at "Zara, Topshop [and] vintage shops." According to Zee, "[She] is the iconic Elle girl who likes to mix high and low ... She has such an incredible sense of fashion [and] a great taste for it. That’s something you can’t teach."

Roxy Olin: Fresh from L.A., Roxy says she can't wait to show off her winter fashions. "I’m really excited to wear a jacket again," she admits. "I’m a huge fan of animals, but I love fur. I also really love gloves. I’m excited to be in New York and actually need them."

Erin Kaplan: She may work at a fashion magazine but Erin (Olivia's new coworker at Elle) is so low-maintenance she still gets all her makeup at Duane Reade! "I’m just so basic and boring and always wearing black," she says. "Joe [Zee] has to tell me to wear accessories!"

Samantha Swetra: As a longtime Port pal and assistant buyer at Bergdorf Goodman, Sammy says she keeps it close to home: "My basic stuff is all Bergdorf. I’m there every day, but then I’ll go to H&M and Zara, too." Her one weakness: The leggy brunette can't live without her Lanvin bag. "I'm obsessed."

No comments:

Post a Comment