Monday, September 28, 2009

Olivia Palermo: You'll See Me 'Butt Heads' At Elle

Olivia Palermo and Whitney Port didn't always see eye-to-eye at DVF -- but now that Olivia's moving on to Elle, she's hoping to leave the workplace drama behind. "For me, the most important thing is to be professional and focus on the magazine," the City star told the NY Daily News. 'Course, that won't necessarily be easy.

As we saw on the City trailer, Olivia's having a little trouble adjusting to her new gig, thanks in large part to a tumultuous relationship with fellow Elle staffer Erin Kaplan.

"In any work environment, you butt heads with some of your co-workers," Palermo conceded, adding "[y]ou'll see the ups and downs of that relationship through the season."

Still, Olivia says she's excited about the series being more focused on the ladies' careers this time around.

"The show is definitely more work-driven now, which is cool, because I think girls want to see what happens in the fashion industry," Palermo said. And she wants viewers to know she's taking her job very seriously.

"This is business for me. I'm not jumping at fame," clarified the self-proclaimed social. "I love fashion, I love accessories and I wouldn't be in this industry if I wasn't passionate about it."

Credit: MTV Remote Control

No comments:

Post a Comment