Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Audrina's Blog: Go Dodgers! Patridge 59 Steps Up to the Pitchers Mound!

Last night, I was invited to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Dodger game and it was the experience of a lifetime!

I grew up going to baseball games with my family and was thrilled to be able to do this. Everyone was so nice at Dodger Stadium - they made me a special little jersey with "Patridge 59" on the back (the 59 is for my birthday – May 5th). My family came out to support me (and of course, watch the game and eat Dodger Dogs!!) and we had amazing seats right behind home plate. I wasn’t nervous beforehand – earlier this afternoon I had a chance to practice my pitch a few times with my brother Mark, who’s a great baseball player. Of course, when it came time to actually stand on the field and pitch to Brad Ausmus- my first attempt was off by a mile! He let me have a “do-over” and that time I did better! It was such a great night! Thanks to Drew Merle and everyone at Dodger Stadium. Can’t wait to come back for another game.

Play Ball!
xoxo Drina

No comments:

Post a Comment