Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Whitney: Seventeen Magazine October Issue

Whitney Port is definitely learning about the business world on the new season of The City, and she knows the women she works with can teach her a lot about what it takes to cut it in the fashion industry. The people over at Seventeen magazine seemed to think Port's perseverance in the cutthroat industry made her a perfect candidate for the cover of the October issue.



Port dished to MTV News at the issue's release party Tuesday (September 8) that working for design maven Diane Von Furstenberg and PR queen Kelly Cutrone has showed her that it takes a strong personality to make it. Both women have given her key advice to make her dreams come true.
"Diane really taught me a lot about empowering myself as a woman, and in my relationship world, she taught me a lot about appreciating myself and putting myself first," Port said.

This season of The City shows Whitney taking a cue or two from Cutrone as well. While Cutrone and Von Furstenberg may seem like very different people, they gave Port very similar advice.

"She's really boosted my confidence," Port said of the tough-as-nails Cutrone. "And made me believe in myself and really taught me I should just follow my dreams and not be afraid to fail."

Credit: MTV News

No comments:

Post a Comment